Thursday 3 March 2011

Potty Potter / Cable & Lace


Having spent so much time crocheting recently, I'd forgotten what a peculiar thing casting off knitting is.  It has a finality that isn't really matched for me when crocheting, and it can evoke so many feelings.  A sense of achievement is almost always at the top of the list, but there are many other things too: relief, sadness, joy and so on.  This hat has something of all those emotions woven in along with the yarn...


The pattern is the wonderful Hermione Hearts Ron by Christy Aylesworth.  Christy has done a really amazing job at recreating the hat featured in one of the Harry Potter films.  I'm pretty sure that even none Potty Potter fans would enjoy knitting this.



Unfortunately I had some issues with the last few rounds...  I miss-read one of the rows, and then I think picked up one too many stitches in the tink.  I don't think it's too noticeable though (fingers crossed no other knitters pay too much attention while I'm wearing it!)

You can find my Ravelry page for this project here.  I named it Lovecats in tribute to this song, which was stuck in my head for the duration:


And there we go!  That is (I think) the first bit of knitting to feature within the pages of this blog!  I hope you like it as much as I do :)

Much love,
Kim

2 comments:

Tickety-boo said...

fantastic hat! It looks great. I have been knitting too for the last few weeks after many many crochet projects and it's such a differnt beast. Ahhhh The Cure! A total favourite of mine. My favourite sond of is A Forest but Love Cats is just brill. Takes me right back to 1990 and seeing them live.
Love Tickety-boo xx

Wendy said...

It looks really great. I've never mastered knitting in the round, I should try it again at some point but since I've started crocheting, knitting seems so dull and long-winded. I always feel very happy to cast off as I'm usually sick of a project by then!