Tuesday, 1 March 2011

A post in two parts


Hello everyone, and Happy St David's Day (or Croeso, Dydd Gwŷl Dewi Sant hapus for those who prefer a bit of Cymraeg).

This is the one and only daffodil in our garden at the moment.  Something of a sore subject since next door is rather more well-endowed in the daffodil stakes!  But not to worry.  Today has been such a lovely day both in terms of weather and wellbeing that it's difficult to mind...

Most of today has been spent out in the garden with my housemates - clearing up after winter and planting in some new bulbs (and also a sing-along or two).  It's looking brill, so fresh and spring-like.

As a reward for all of our hard work, we treated ourseslves to some jam and scones made from this really brilliant recipe on Inthesky's blog.  They were a massive hit, and I can see the recipe becoming a real household favourite :)



*

I also wanted to use this post to say thank you for the lovely response to the free pattern I posted last week :)  I didn't expect people to be quite so enthusiastic!!  For those of you who have an account with ravelry, there is now a Pretty Little Petals project page should you want to link them there/add to your queue etc.

At the moment, I'm working on a fair few things.  The granny stripe has stalled while I wait for the rest of the yarn to be delivered; I'm partway through the Hermione Hearts Ron hat which I LOVE; I have different ideas for crochet patterns (a bag, a tea cozy and a pair of gloves) and embroidery designs (based on the work of da Vinci!); and I'm pottering around trying to recreate a bee-YOU-tiful crochet blanket.  Plenty to keep me busy then!  At some point I'll pause in all that and blog a few proper posts about them.

Until then, I wish you all well and a happy spring!

Much love,
Kim

2 comments:

Inthesky said...

Thanks very much for the link and the feedback, I am glad you found the scones a success. No Decoy recipes from me! They are great the easiest and nicest scones ever, really quick. Glad you have had a happy Saint David's Day x I think your blog is great! :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh for spring to come. I'll enjoy yours. I'll click over to the scone recipe. I need something hot from the oven this afternoon to go with coffee.

Jody