Tuesday 1 March 2011

A post in two parts


Hello everyone, and Happy St David's Day (or Croeso, Dydd Gwŷl Dewi Sant hapus for those who prefer a bit of Cymraeg).

This is the one and only daffodil in our garden at the moment.  Something of a sore subject since next door is rather more well-endowed in the daffodil stakes!  But not to worry.  Today has been such a lovely day both in terms of weather and wellbeing that it's difficult to mind...

Most of today has been spent out in the garden with my housemates - clearing up after winter and planting in some new bulbs (and also a sing-along or two).  It's looking brill, so fresh and spring-like.

As a reward for all of our hard work, we treated ourseslves to some jam and scones made from this really brilliant recipe on Inthesky's blog.  They were a massive hit, and I can see the recipe becoming a real household favourite :)



*

I also wanted to use this post to say thank you for the lovely response to the free pattern I posted last week :)  I didn't expect people to be quite so enthusiastic!!  For those of you who have an account with ravelry, there is now a Pretty Little Petals project page should you want to link them there/add to your queue etc.

At the moment, I'm working on a fair few things.  The granny stripe has stalled while I wait for the rest of the yarn to be delivered; I'm partway through the Hermione Hearts Ron hat which I LOVE; I have different ideas for crochet patterns (a bag, a tea cozy and a pair of gloves) and embroidery designs (based on the work of da Vinci!); and I'm pottering around trying to recreate a bee-YOU-tiful crochet blanket.  Plenty to keep me busy then!  At some point I'll pause in all that and blog a few proper posts about them.

Until then, I wish you all well and a happy spring!

Much love,
Kim

4 comments:

Inthesky said...

Thanks very much for the link and the feedback, I am glad you found the scones a success. No Decoy recipes from me! They are great the easiest and nicest scones ever, really quick. Glad you have had a happy Saint David's Day x I think your blog is great! :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh for spring to come. I'll enjoy yours. I'll click over to the scone recipe. I need something hot from the oven this afternoon to go with coffee.

Jody

finnjordan100 said...


AVG Secure is designed to keep your digital info safe and secure. Learn about its pricing, security features, and more in this review.

www.avg.com/retail |www.avg.com/activate | AVG Download | avg.com/retail

Laguna Boilers said...

Very thouughtful blog