Thursday 17 February 2011

Granny Oblong: Part One

You might remember that last night, I posted about having lots of ideas fluttering around my brain... well this afternoon I sat down and set about bringing a few of them to life.  What happened is perhaps best described as "unexpected"... I'll let the pictures do most of the talking:




Close, but no cigar...


Now we're getting somewhere!




Where've the petals got to?  ...Ribbit ribbit!




Ooh, I'm liking the cut of your jib!


An oblong, eh?  Fair enough.

A granny oblong!  Where did that come from?!  It needs a bit of neatening up, and a bit more tinkering, but hopefully I'll be back sometime next week with a fully written up pattern to share, and maybe even a completed cushion cover. 

What d'you think?  Be gentle with me - it's my first design! ;)

Much love, Kim x

6 comments:

Inthesky said...

Beautiful flower I really love the centre, it is really interesting to see your design and then your ideas coming into fruition. I will definitely pop in again soon to see how you have progressed, very clever.

Gumbo Lily said...

I like it stopped at the red border, but I do think another "light" border around the red is good too. Have fun and enjoy the process.

Jody

lovestitch said...

So lovely! I love your idea , the flower turned out just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by and really enjoy your creations! Have a wonderful day!

Melissa~ said...

Kim,

I *love* your granny square (eh, oblong)! Is it weird that I love your *design sketch* even more than the actual thing? I think it would look so cool framed and hanging in a studio! You are one talented woman!

♥ Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints

Kellie said...

I agree with the above post - your sketch is art in itself. But the finished product is lovely too. Great colors.

Wendy said...

Very pretty. You're so clever to be able to come up with a pattern like that!