Looklooklook!! The first of a pair of stranded mitts! I'm so so happy with how they've turned out so far. There are a few little bits that are niggling, but they should be fairly easy to work out when I re-knit the pattern. I'm about a third of a way through the second mitt, and by the end of this week they should be ready for testing!
It's fair to say that I've been bitten quite severely by the Fair Isle bug. Already I've charted out ideas for 3 more patterns!! So many ideas, so little time! Hehe
It's been quite the little hive of production recently - I finished the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret last weekend - it's an AMAZING pattern. Super-dooper quick (always a good thing!) and so simple to work.
I decided to treat myself with the suggested Malabrigo which is unbelievable! It was a real pleasure to work with. I've decided to treat myself to wool more often :D
Also on the needles pottering away is my stripey blanket
It's really quite exciting seeing all the colours mesh together. Using odds and ends is a really good way of finding new colour combos which you might not have thought of otherwise. Plus, it's made entirely using knit stitches, which is so soothing after a long day
And there we have it! A little update of all things craft :)