Sunday 31 July 2011

Yarns and the Farm


I must say a big thank you to everyone who replied to my last post with such kind words of encouragement.  Reading through all the responses really made me determined to get on with the scarf - just look at it now!!



I'm so happy now with how it's growing.  I think perhaps it might end up a cowl rather than a scarf, but you guys have saved it from almost certain doom!

THANK YOU!

Once I got the feeling back for knitting, it also gave me a little nudge crochet-wise too.  As you can see from the top photos, I've been grannying away with a ball of Zauberball just as a "mindless" distraction really.  I don't know yet where it's going, but I'm enjoying the process immensely :)


It seems I have a thing at the moment for self-striping and variagated yarns, doesn't it?  Perhaps it's an antedote to the sameness of the scarf?  I got this lover-ly ball of handspun from friends of my parents who have stalls at the summer festivals here in Portugal.  There were so many colours to choose from, but eventually I settled on the pinks.  You can't really see from the photos, but it's both earthy and neon - very cool (and cost only 2,50€)!  You can visit Scott and Lynne's website here.

Since I hadn't done much designing recently, I played around with the yarn and edged my way towards a new pattern...


Not quite perfect yet, and I'm not sure what it is (a coaster, a potholder, a block for a blanket??), but I'm going to edit and write up the pattern so I can share it with all of you lovely folks soon :)

*

Elsewhere in life it's been busy busy on the farm...


There's plenty of jam-making and chutney-ing and apple-peeling to be done.  Plus pigs and cats and hens and rabbits to keep an eye on!  It's fun and tiring and hot, but we do get some time free...


Last week we headed up into the mountains (well, higher into the mountains than we already are!).  Just look at those views!!  Stunning

Until next time!

Much love,
Kim

3 comments:

Inthesky said...

This post is a real feast for the eyes. I love the crochet, the yarns you are using are beautiful. I am also impressed with the scarf progress and it look well worth it. Farm life sounds fun and the mountain views are stunning.

Tickety-boo said...

colourfest!!! Love that Zauberball.
So glad you kept going with the scarf it is beautiful.
I just keep thinking of Bob Marley now....we're jammin!
Oh and yes you are so right you cannot beat the genius of John!
Love
Tickety-boo
xx

Grateful4Crochet said...

everything you're making just looks amazing and so colourful!!
I love crocheting as a mindless distraction as well!!