I had to do a bit of research, because I still feel pretty new to this blogging thing, and I wasn't entirely sure what a blogger award even was (and I'll be honest, this was the kind of kick up the bum I needed to go and find out! :P)
What I discovered was that at their heart, blog awards are a very kindly gesture; a firm handshake and a "jolly well done, old chap!". I've decided that blog awards are the cyber equivalent of winning first place in the vegetable show at the village fête. (For those of you wondering, it is one of my life's ambitions for a kindly old vicar to announce "excellent parsnips, dear!" I'm about 83 in my head).
From what I've gathered from my sleuthing, I must now furnish you with 10 facts you weren't previously aware of. Brace yourselves:
- At the age of 15, I got trapped inside a Dalek. My cries of "help me!" came out in the Dalek voice, which made my brother laugh more than he's ever laughed before or since.
- I went to the same school and university as Danny Boyle (the director of Slumdog Millionaire and 28 days later).
- I must, under ALL circumstances put my right shoe on before my left.
- I have a degree in Linguistics, but sometimes wish I'd done Physics instead.
- I was going to tell you here about all the bands I would see if I could time travel. The list included most of the 60s, 70s and 80s.
- My Portuguese is terrible. I once asked for "a bedroom sausage" instead of "four sausage rolls".
- At just under 5 foot, I'm the shortest person in my family.
- My favourite artist is Alphonse Mucha.
- Soup and toast or rice pudding are my favourite comfort foods.
Many apologies if I've left you off the list! There are so many brilliant blogs out there, it was almost impossible to choose.
Until next time!